This morning, I woke up from a dream that struck me as funny and poignant. In the dream, Don and I hosted a party at our house! An odd assortment of friends and acquaintances were here - Eric Green, a musician from up north who I have only met a few times. Paul Rishell and Annie Raines were here.. I remember seeing them heading down into our basement with gear to play music. Krank was holding court in the kitchen, serving a strange combination of hot dogs and cannolis on a silver platter, cracking jokes and making everybody laugh. A few nice, young women who I didn't really know where sitting outside on our back patio area. That's most of the dream. I just thought it was interesting, because though I'm not much of a party lover these days, it is clear to me that this social isolation is getting to me!
Anyway, it was better then waking up from a few dreams I had last month where I was threatened by bad guys trying to kill me in enclosed spaces. Classic stress dreams there.
What a difficult time it's been. With Dad, Covid-19, the election (though, I couldn't be more relieved that Biden - Harris won.) These next 67 Lame Duck days are nerve wracking. Today, a bunch of Magats are having a rally in D.C. They all think that the election was "stolen." Total insanity. Every time Biden comes on the television to speak, it's so reassuring. I can't wait for January 20, 2021. Can't come soon enough.
Dad is declining. Just had a Zoom call with Team Mardy. We may have to convince him to transfer over to the assisted living facility next door to his apartment. We've got a studio unit on the first floor right next to the dining hall on hold for us until Monday. We need to bring it up with him tomorrow morning and see how he responds. But, it is getting to the point where we are all worried about his safety and comfort. He's been sleeping a lot, and getting fuzzy in the mind. He complains that talking is tiring.
So sad. Mardy has been a rock for all of us our whole lives. I've never done anything wrong in his eyes. I'll never get used to not having him there to talk to. Sucks.
Blessedly, Phyllis, Nat, Clarissa and I are all on the same page and get along wonderfully. I feel so lucky that there is no discourse between us. And, Don, of course, has been immeasurably, unequivocally there for me. He has encouraged me to compartmentalize the various worries I am experiencing, and that has been helpful to remind myself to do. Paying the bills, keeping us fed and the house up, caring for the cats, dealing with the cars. All that. It's getting done, somehow.
One fun distraction has been recording. Don purchased an interface so that we could use live instruments and microphones to record onto my lap top Garage Band app. On Monday this week, we started tracking a new song of mine. It's been the learning song. Every afternoon last week, we did a little more on the song. It's kind of a long, slow song, but it's been really enlightening and I'm getting really excited about the final result. It's pretty much down to finishing up the mix now, exporting it, and then we are going to make a video for it. We both pretty much have determined that the only way to get people to listen to your original song is to have a video for it. Hopefully, we will get it done this week.
So, there's all that. I miss my pals and I wish this fucking virus was gone! And I wish some of the citizens of this country were not such fucking cunts. Selfish brats, not wearing masks. Traveling. It's really unbelievable how stupid and ignorant some people are. Americans can be so ugh.. If EVERYBODY in this country had just adhered to the guidelines and thought about other people instead of themselves, we wouldn't be having this insane surge right now in this country! So frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment