I've checked 2 of the 5 things off my list. I'm very proud of myself.
Ha ha.
I was really pleased with the tree guy. At first, I was set on calling the big company out of Naples called The Q Team. They are really terrific, but very expensive. I finally worked up the courage to call them one afternoon, and they just a had message saying that they were super busy and that it might take a while for them to get back to customers. I mean, great for them, but not for me. I hung up without leaving a message and thought about it a little more. Then, I remembered that last year, when I worked at the store, one of my regular customers who I've known for years and years, had given me the business card for the arborist that he works for. I dug out the card and once again, mustered up the courage to dial the number. But, before I did that, I checked out his business Facebook page and his personal page. I got a really good feeling about the guy. He seemed super nice. And, I was pretty sure from the posts I saw, he does NOT support the Orange Buffoon.
So, I left a quick message, and later that day, he actually called me back! He sounded really pleasant, and we arranged for him to come by two days later to check out what I needed done and to give me a quote. He came by around 3:30, gave a very reasonable quote and said he would get in touch with me sometime in November to schedule a day to do it. I was so excited and happy to get that set up! The Q Team would have quoted probably three times the amount that this guy quoted me. Relief! I know he'll do a great job, plus I'll get to see my friend Dave from the store, who works with him. I haven't seen Dave since I stopped working at the store in the middle of March!
I know, I'm weird.
So, finally, I left my chimney sweep a message a few days ago, and he returned my call the next night (sometimes it takes him much longer to get back to me.) So, now we're scheduled to have the creosote scrubbed on November 4. The day after the most important day of the year. I wonder what I will be feeling on that day? It's almost too much to think about.
So, not bad. Considering, since then, Mardy spent two nights in the hospital after falling in his kitchen last Monday morning. The result of that trip has ended with coming to the difficult decision to officially have Mardy in Hospice care. He's home in his apartment, and he's feeling okay, for now. Unfortunately, there is simply nothing left that can be done in regards to his heart. So, he agreed that the best thing was to receive comfort care from here on out. He's actually really enjoyed the extra attention he's received this week. He was especially pleased with his first shower in weeks with the assistance from a Home Health aide that came by on Friday! His spirits are good, and we are all preparing for the end, slowly.
A few tears, a few laughs, some deep breaths and a lot of "I Love You's."
No comments:
Post a Comment