I am always the one to take the car into the mechanic, because I have more time and "I'm better at dealing with people" (according to Don.) So, I spent a little under an hour waiting there in the cold office while the mechanic, Rusty- a super good guy- replaced it.
This was just a week after I spent another hour there while he replaced the two front tires with brand new ones.
This morning, I casually looked out into the driveway as I was sipping my coffee and was horrified to see this:
Yup. Totally flat. I called AAA and then Rusty ("It's me again!"), and then greeted the AAA serviceman and waited outside in the cold for him to change out the flat and put on the spare. After my weekly 2 mile walk with my neighbor, I drove the 12 minutes back to Rusty's garage and dropped off the tire. It's almost 4:30 and I'm still waiting for his call to let me know that the sensor has been replaced. Then I'll get to wait some more while he changes out the spare for the good tire.
Alas - I'm just venting. I tried to make the most of the day anyway. Put a call in to an acquaintance who has been in the auction business. I still have a lot of furniture pieces from my parents house that I need to be rid of.. without taking too much of a loss if they are worth anything. My auction friend, Bill, got back to me right promptly and I now have an appointment with Bill and auctioneer Harold to come by my place on Tuesday to see if we can make a deal. I've never done this stuff before, so I hope I don't get screwed.. but I'm feeling a bit exasperated by all of the stuff- as well as very cash poor!
I know things will work out in the end and there is no need for me to let this stuff get to me- it's just been one of those days.
Rusty just called. He's going to keep the tire over night to make sure it doesn't leak air. Good. It's getting pretty damn close to wine time, anyway!


No comments:
Post a Comment