Sunday, January 24, 2016

Blogger Buddies

Just installed a new gadget for me.. the Feedjit live traffic feed. Now I can get a better idea of who is stalking me and how often! Muaw aw aw!!!

I've had this blog for so long! In the early 2000's (in other words, before My Space, and then Facebook, took over the internet), I had a great group of blogging friends. All of them are listed on my side bar here.. but when I occasionally look at their blogs, I see that, like me, most of them have stopped writing their blogs - which is really a shame (thanks, Facebook.)

Dad and I even shared many of the same blogging pals, and he and I would have fun talking about them in real time - because, well - Dad and I really do know each other! But, it was funny how we got to the point where we really felt like we knew these folks.

I really wish I could meet some of them. Dr. Zibbs.. what a funny dude from Pennsylvania, I think... Mererid and Allen from Ireland, lovely folks. Mererid still comments on some of my photos on flickr now and then. My buddy from Brazil, Gilberto - a horseman and a lover of good music! He still comments on my flickr page a lot.. but we "met" here in Blogger land. Geology Joe from Maine. I wonder how he's doing? And SLYDE! From New York! Funny funny guy. He's stopped writing in his blog, too. I'm sure he's keeping them laughing on Facebook, though.

Still lot's of folks out there blogging.. but it's mostly for money-making promotion these days. I'm one of the few that just does it for the hell of it. I'm not trying to sell anything. I just like writing down my thoughts and putting them out there.

Shrug.



2 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

I was a part of this blogging gang back in the day. I still keep in touch with Slyde (hell, I was the best man at his wedding many moons ago). I miss the olde days. I haven't written a blog post since June last year, and that was the only one since the previous October.

Le sigh...

Oh, hi!

Kate said...

Oh hey B.E.!! How could I have been remiss in mentioning you - a major "player" in those good ol' days! I'm glad to hear you're still in touch with Slyde, and I hope both of you are happy and healthy!!

Maybe we should start a resurgence of the blogger days?
Or perhaps, a reunion of sorts (on blogger, of course!)

:) Thanks for commenting!
-Kate

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...