We've started the wheels in motion to sell the house and move.
Scary, but exciting. We've decided to give the mid-coast of Maine a try. We've got friends, employment opportunities (for me) & rental prospects there. We've met with our realtor (who brokered our initial sale here in 2004, and also sold my parents house last spring) last week, and all I have to do is call her "when we're ready" and then she'll come by with paperwork and start the listing process. I want to use my friend and neighbor to make pro photos of the house - it's what he does for a living anyway. I've got the carpet guy coming soon to give an estimate (we only have "sub" floors.) My friend is coming tomorrow to start and hopefully finishing constructing a railing for the steps going down into the basement. We have to put the doors on the upper kitchen cabinets back on (boo!)
And, of course.. pack pack pack. Even though I have been really good in the last couple of years at purging stuff - still. Almost 12 years we've been settled here. It's not just the stuff tucked into every corner of the three levels of this abode, but also the stuff strewn about the barn, sheds and property.
It's, yes. Kind of overwhelming.
What to bring? What to sell? What to toss? What to donate? What to give away?
It really doesn't help that last year I ended up with most of the left over stuff (furniture and personal objects) from my parent's house. Even though I have made about $700 all told in this last year selling things through Facebook and word - of - mouth, it is still way too much stuff. Just the photos and art work alone will fill many boxes.
Anyway - we are excited. Not so much about the work and extra stress, but for the change in scenery. It has been a beautiful experience living up here on the hill in the woods.. but now I'm ready to move on. Mom's gone, Dad has moved. Aunt Nancy (who had a farm house just down the road) joined Mom in the afterlife last spring. Dwight will never visit in the flesh again, because he, too, is watching over us while he's partying with the three J's (Jimi, Janis & Jim) and all the rest of them dead rock stars. It's been pretty stark with family visitors this year.
So, that's the latest from the life up here on the hill. We're hoping to list in the next couple of months, and will take the best offer that comes
I look forward to changing the cover photo on this blog after we're settled in the new space!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...
No comments:
Post a Comment