Thanks to Google, I've been aware of two other girls with my name. They are younger and both doing things with their lives that I could have seen myself doing, if I had set my mind to it.
My one Kate is a fashion designer, and just the description of her Esty shop sounds just like me.
"Stuff by Kate is the home of rockstar worthy, hand made clothing and accessories.... think flower child meets California beach bum, babysat by Betsy Johnson. Each piece is designed & hand crafted by Kate herself, and guaranteed to find a special place in your closet."
Then my other Kate is an actress who graduated from Sarah Lawrence. She appeared in a production of Hamlet! I had always thought it would be fun to be an actress, but the one time I tried out for a role in 7th grade, I got a very small part, and I didn't seem to make much of an impression on our teacher. Shrug.
Googling myself, I get a little freaked out. All the videos, mp3's, photos and blogs I've uploaded over the years are all over the place! I'm finding my little freaky old 4-tracks, poorly recorded and performed, popping up in the strangest places. With my name attached. Once in a while, I think about taking myself off line all together. But then I think, what's the diff?
I'm over internetted. Time to walk away for a bit. PEACE!
6 comments:
i google my self regularly.
ya-hafta in this day and age.
Good to see you back here! Some of us just don't have the twitter gene you know!
I'm too afraid of what I'll find!!!
Joe - that's a good policy, and you're a smart guy, so I'll agree. I can't remember why I decided to Google myself today, but, there ya go. I'm all over the place!
Misfit - Thanks girl! What can I say, I'm a slacker at all things, including my blog! Plus, it's August, and I like to tell myself I slow down on the internet in this month... though, this Twitter addiction sure isn't supporting that! If you value your time, don't sign up for Twitter! Ha ha.
Debi - Probably best to not know. Tee hee.
Yes, it was shocking enough finding a book in Borders by an imposter with my same name (just with a different spelling) but I'm on to you, imposter!
:)
Don't mess with Debi_in_Hawaii chickie!
Post a Comment