


Then the IC Waters Band played a set. As usual, we had a blast.



After Don played a smokin' set with his band, and then the host's band played a beautiful set, the "after-hours" late night jamming began around the fire. My friend Karen, who plays stand up bass in the Intergalactic Yurt Band, offered to let me try out her bass. I've never really tried one before. Luckily, two other guys were playing at the same time.

All these photos taken by one of the coolest dudes on the planet, PETRO!
6 comments:
Oh that's so cool you got to try the acoustic bass! Just be glad you don't have to haul THAT to gigs! *giggles*
Hiya Kate!
Just wanted to stop by and say hi and see how you were doing.
This Philby Fest sounded like a blast!
I LOVE when you share posts about your playing! These photos are awesome! I can tell you love what you do because you just GLOW. And hey, you look mighty cool playing that bass! I happen to really enjoy any instrument involving the sound of strings: guitar, bass, harp, and especially violins. for me, strings carry the emotion in any musical piece. I can actually FEEL the emotion through them!
Hope you've been enjoying your summer. Gosh, I can hardly believe how fast the summer flew by. I am so ready for FALL!
Take care, dear lady. And keep on sharing that wonderful music!
X
Hi Debi. Yes, it was cool, but I was kind of lost on it. And yes, dragging a big instrument that size around these days would really bite! I think that's part of the reason why I gave up playing the cello when I was in third grade.. Of course, now I regret that, but hey, bass / guitar is close to a cello..
Ron! Always a pleasure to see you and read your kind comments. I agree with you, string instruments really do carry the emotion through the person playing them.. It's pretty cool. I, too, love listening to a classical violin piece, played by a virtuoso player, once in a while.
Of course, I'm a sucker for the sound of a well-played trumpet, as well.
Summer was so quick this year, we're already onto our Fall chores here in Maine.. a giant pile of firewood sits in our driveway now, ready to be stacked in the barn. Sigh. Want to help stack? :)
And a good time was surely had by all.
In an alternate life I could well have been an actor, some think I have the ability. But I have often wished I could have been a musician.
Great photos, Kate. You look real cool, not to mention the music too. I too (sometimes) wish I could have been a musician.
Post a Comment