Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Monday

It is finally today, Monday, after Friday's ice storm here in New England, that I can see and hear the ice falling off the trees. This is how the trees looked out back for the last few days:



We ended up buying a Christmas tree this year. I feel okay about it because for the first time, we bought it from the town's fire department, so I know that the money helps to fund them. So, $30 for a tree, and $7.99 for one wreath, and that's all. Not a big deal.

As some of you know, I am a series long fan of the television show "Survivor." I've watched every single season since the first one, only missing a few episodes here and there. This season, which just wrapped up last night, was an especially good one, at least "game wise," and I am thrilled that the 1 million dollar winner was Bob Crowley, a 57 year old high school physics teacher from Gorham, Maine! He was really fun to watch in this game, out witting and out playing them all. Way to go Bob!

I've had a bit of an internet overdose lately, so forgive me for not being around so much this last week. Sometimes you just got to keep the computer off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor tree. At least you are all ok.

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Good for you to buy a tree from a worthy cause (as I did...mine went to Habilitat, a substance rehabilitation) and it will be 'tree-cycled' some time after the new year I think is when they do it. (we drop them off and it becomes truck-chipped on the spot and turned into mulch for city parks and campuses. A gift back to the earth!) Which is good because I can have the nice tree smell in the house for a few more weeks :)

seev said...

Yes, that's a good picture of that poor tree, bent over like it's weeping in its undergarments. But yesterday should have cleared it of all that ice. Is it happy now and upright?

Kate said...

Yes, we are all okay, thanks Aileni!

Hey Debi! That's a great idea about chipping the old Christmas trees up right on the spot! I like that. We just haul them out into the woods, where they rot away in nature. The pine tree smell is wonderful, isn't it?

Hi Seev Dad! The birch is almost there, it's still a bit bent over though, like an old man maybe.. Ha ha.

It's hard to say if the tree is happy or not. :)

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...