This storm today has been very nasty. I'm so glad I've taken this week off from work. Though, I still had to go downtown again today to get some last minute Thanksgiving Day food items.
Green beans, heavy cream, milk and eggs, corn bread, onions and potatoes..and some Bourbon for the gravy. I've never bought a bottle of that before, expensive!
So, it's 6 pm and dark outside, and the rain is pouring down and the wind is whipping like mad! There is a very good chance we will lose our power tonight. The next town over already has over 2000 power outages....
We've got the wood stove going for heat and a stove top meal planned, just in case.
5 comments:
I hope the day isn't ruined for you.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Hope you & your family made it through the storm OK..
No power outage last night! That was lucky. All of the snow has been washed away by the rain, and we even saw a little sun today.
Thank you Aileni, I am thankful for our blogger friendship.
Thank you Debbie, we survived another one! The town has already come by today with their big bucket tracker and repaired some of the washed away dirt road in front of our house!
Thank you for stopping by.
Look on the bright side if you do lose power...rain+no electricity=lots of snuggle time
I'm late for the storm (not that I mind missing storms!) I'm very glad it wasn't too bad for you.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Post a Comment