That's right, it's snow. Yep. First one of the season. Here we go ladies and gentlemen! Tis the season to be stressed out Fa La La La La La La La La!
No, not really. It's the season to be bundled up in layers, is what it is. And then, when you enter the house, you have to peel your layers off. By the time you get down to the basement to have a jam session, sometime you just want to take off your jeans and walk around in your long underwear, and just a tee shirt will do on top! It gets hot down there, that's where the wood stove is.
Speaking of jam sessions in the basement, we got a good one in this last friday night! We got the Truck off the blocks again (that's our basement band, Krush Truck, with Nat and Dwight), and later we realized that this November is the anniversary of the band. Our fifth year. We had a great jam session, too, going over most of our "original compositions" and a smattering of our classic covers.
Last month, Don took down a big Beech tree that was rapidly growing right in front of our house. We hated to do it, such a pretty tree it was, however, it was just on the edge of us being able to do it ourselves (without hiring an expert tree company and paying lot's of money for them to do it, in half the time.)
We fretted over doing it for months, but once the dirty deed was done (and oh, it need to be done, it was in striking range of our roof), you hardly miss it.
So much so that even three of our most frequent visitors did not even notice it was gone!
Something I realized this last weekend, too. A best friend is someone who lets you babble away about your most mundane, daily things, and actually listens and responds to your drivel. And then, you do the same for your best friend. Kind of like family (at least mine!)
I've taken the week off from work, so hopefully I'll have time to catch up on my blogging duties, in between preparing for our Thanksgiving feast at our house. So much house cleaning to do.
5 comments:
Well, it's good your taking some time off, I was getting withdrawal symptoms from lack of a new kate blog. By the way, it was snowing here in MN in October! It was brief and wet, but started early.
Paul W.
Hi Paul!
Sorry about the withdrawals! I get lazy, but it's warms my cockles to know you check in.
I remember hearing about that early snow in October out there in the midwest. What can we do but embrace it, eh?
I just got back from food shopping (again, seems it's all I do), it is NASTY out there! Slush and wind and rain and yuck!
SNOW!! I'm jealous LOL :D
You have snow.
Today I just discovered new flower buds on my cultivated honeysuckle.
At the end of November!
But then, we're fortunate to have the Gulf Stream Drift on our metaphorical doorstep.
Yes, you're right about friends.
Oh Debi, you silly! I still we should trade your warm air with my snow. :)
That's so nice your honeysuckle is still flowering Dragonstar!
Post a Comment