It's freezing today. And windy. The harsh reality of the season is sinking in. Soon there will be snow. Snow snow snow.
Oh sure, it's fun the first time. Look, how pretty.
Ok. I'm not going to go into a rant about that.
I just wanted to post something before I head out in the cold to work.
I've been getting contacted by various people from my past more than ever lately. Sometimes I regret having a Facebook page. People find ya. People from my high school are hosting a 25th year reunion. I've declined because I can't make it. Plus, it's $50. Really, am I that curious about people from high school? It's not like I've kept in touch with most of them. One or two, that's about it. Nice people, but what will it accomplish for me? Eh.
I've heard from people I worked with when I was in my 20's. The other day, I got contacted by a woman I knew for about a month or so when I was a teen. I'm even getting emails from total strangers looking for an old band member who is listed on my web site.. I have no idea where he is! But, I'm asking around anyway.
More on all of this later, I get to git my arse in gear!
7 comments:
I would be very dubious, however the problem won't arise at my age. I also went to too many different schools.
I lost touch with two I thought my closest friends twenty years ago.
I've never been able to cope with the idea of reunions. I think back to school - or any other time! - and i realise that it would be nice to meet one or two people again. But I didn't much like the rest then - why would it be different now?
aileni, that makes perfect sense that you would feel dubious, now that you've shared a bit of your history.
Couldn't have been easy to make long lasting friends when you attended so many different schools.
And I don't think we are afraid or ashamed to attend our high school reunions, in fact, I did attend one that was 15 years after graduation, and it wasn't too bad.. but still, for me, it would be more morbid curiosity than anything else.
dragonstar, I agree with you. There are one or five people or so that I'd really enjoy seeing,.... however, if any of us really wanted to reconnect, we can do that outside of the reunion, right?
Bottom line is, though, I can't be there, and that's that. Maybe next time. :)
Thanks for your comments good friends.
I find that I'm in an email group of seven grads of the class of 1946 of Westford, Mass. I've gone to a few reunions. I won't say that it's terrific fun, just interesting for various reasons. But the email messages show how some of us have gone off in different directions in life, developed into widely different persons from what we were then. But that's to be expected, isn't it? Sometimes, though, it's just fun to reminisce about the "old times".
Tis true, Seev.
You're class was very small wasn't it? How nice that you've been in touch through email groups.
Yup, our class was small, 35 members. Of course, what's small to some might be large to others and vice-verse. But to tell the truth the email of our little group of seven grads can get pretty borrin' at times.
Hi Kate,
I have never attended a single of my reunions being of course, far away.
And, I don't regret it.I think that most people go by curiosity .
I think it's better to do like you do to find people individually.
Post a Comment