It's snowing again. And it's accumulating, nearly an inch so far. ARG!
Our house still smells like turkey, and our fridge is filled with containers of leftovers. Don and I had a lot of fun preparing our first Thanksgiving dinner, and it was received warmly.
I mean, how can you go wrong, really? Unless you burn the bird or undercook the bird. And the pecan cornbread dressing (stuffing) was pretty good.
Afterwards, we all (seven of us) drove over to Aunt Nancy's, where another portion of assorted Maine-based family members were gathered, and we had pies and coffees.
When we got home, we re-stoked the fire in the fireplace and I got down to business with the remaining dishes. OY.
Then I watched "The World Is Not Enough" (James Bond) on the Sci-Fi channel.
How much fun can a girl have?
2 comments:
Snow apart, it sounds like a great day.
Yes! It was a great day with one of the greatest turkeys and dressings I've ever eaten. (I say 'one of the greatest') Good work, Kate and Don!
Post a Comment