I got out of dodge today! I actually went to the Mall! Civilization! People! Stores! We had a two-year old gift certificate for a shop called "Linens -n- Things," and it turns out, the chain is going out of business. So took the hour long drive down to the big city, well, really the outskirts of the city to the big Mall, where they had a store. And wow! Everything was marked down, some 50%!
The little interior designer in me was overjoyed at the endless possibilities. Kitchen, bedrooms, bath, rugs, pillows, towels, bedding... We had no plan, but luckily, we stumbled across the curtains section, and found a wonderful, thick and long set of black drapes for our bedroom. Originally marked $75, they were 50% off, and we had the $25 gift card! SCORE!
I've put them up, and though we'll need to readjust the pole and hangers, they look FABULOUS!
We also visited the new Mac store at the Mall. Just seeing those new giant screens on the imacs, wowza. I still don't own an ipod yet, but, that's ok. One of these days...
Then, we zipped over to the Guitar Center. It's been at least 5 years since I've been in a big music store like that! We picked up a few things for the band room.. Didn't spend too much, though.
Don't worry, we got a couple of little Christmas gifts, too. That was a lot of fun to get out of the sticks for the day. Of course, on the drive home, it started snowing. I'm loving that Jeep more and more. :)
Some photos I snapped while Don was driving. The two with snow are closer to our house...
8 comments:
What a charming place to live!
And yeah, that's a score worth bragging about...good thing you remembered the gift card before they closed! :D
What a patriotic house that is!
Shopping trips can be such fun (though Aileni doesn't think so!) You found a great bargain with those curtains.
Interesting trip, Kate, and great photos. I can place some of them, like the first one with the red roofed house top of the driveway hill, but I don't think I've seen that house with the American flag painted on the side.
Debi ~ true. I lucked out a couple of months ago when I discovered the rebate for the cell phones we bought was due that day, too. I filled out the forms and got them in just in time. Lucky I checked!
Dragonstar ~ I know, Don wasn't too thrilled either, except when we were at the Mac store, of course!
Seev ~ Well, I am surprised you've noticed that American Flag house before, because I know you've driven by it many times! It's good to know you're keeping your eyes on the road!
Jeepers, that's funny, Kate. Maybe I'll see it sometime if I glance around more often. We drove down rt 114 yesterday but couldn't find it. Perhaps if I have my cataracts removed? ;-)
It's just past the four-way stop on the way to the mall, a couple of houses down on the right hand side.
Ask Mom. She's probably seen it!
What cataracts??
It's just past the four-way stop on the way to the mall, a couple of houses down on the right hand side.
Ask Mom. She's probably seen it!
What cataracts??
OK, I'll ask zMom if she's seen the American flag house. And yes, I have cataracts, especially the right eye, but they're not big enough yet to be removed, I'm told.
Post a Comment