Going to start writing down my life stories. What with this pandemic, pretty sure my life will get cut much shorter than I had expected. Here's some words I found in my file cabinet.
Dragged, late, missing everything by a skip.
Harper's is Fat City, not Mighty Sam McClain.
Eleven o'clock, Saturday night, House of Blues has a line out the door and around the corner.
Plough and Stars has a two dollar cover.
Drumlins is a drag on a Saturday night.
The Middle East has too many choices, obscure.
T.T. The Bears we run into Charles Lock, master M.C.
Slips us in for free and we see Elevator, trio with not so hot lead vocals but decent noise and groove.
We stay for Machinery Hall. I've just seen the name in Boston Rock, acoustic lead vocals and a
long-haired bass player with a mega-rig.
The toilet gets clogged and we wait for the lady to plunge it. We almost give up but get through eventually.
Bored, try the CanTab. Joe's not there, Lee's not there, heavy rock college band and a three dollar cover.
We go back to the House of Blues.
Sit downstairs and watch the Nighthawks on the video monitor, blasting live through the speakers above us.
We get hungry, they've stopped serving.
Finish my Harpoon and half her Bass, drive to Davis for some food at Dollies.
Beat the rush and get a table by the window.
Lines from the shadows off the blinds, streetlamp.
Cheeseburger and fries, she a feta and tomato and onion omelette (she wanted mushroom instead of onion but held back, not wanting to frazzle the waitress.)
"I like my caffeine cold and my decaf hot." We laugh, stumble out the words.
She pays, we hit the cold autumn night winds, we go to my house.
Wayne's World, she falls asleep through it again and I rearranged the furniture in the living room.
Arnold the cat wakes me up, I get up to feed him, I wake her up, I make coffee, we go back to bed, she gets in my bed, she gets up and showers. I get up and have coffee.
Kem calls at 10:00. We watch the rest of Wayne's World.
She leaves at 11:37.
10-10-93
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...

No comments:
Post a Comment