Monday, December 10, 2018

Bitching About The Cold

It's been so, so cold lately, and I am really pissed about it. Our driveway is rutted ice chunks, covered in sand and dirt and fire ash, and I have to put the Jeep into 4-wheel drive just to get out. The frigid temps always screw up the tires in the Jeep - the display panel keeps reminding you "low tire pressure!!!!!!!"  - like it's the end of the fucking world. So, you've got to stop on your way to where ever it is your driving off to and top off the air in the tires, in the freezing, biting wind. Your finger tips turn to rocks of ice. It's no fun being outside, so you spend most of it inside, feeding logs into the wood stove. The air is dry and everyone is coughing and sneezing. The cats have turned into hibernating grizzly bears, curled up into balls on the best seating spots. It's dark as midnight by 5 p.m. and we are eating earlier and going to bed earlier - because who in their right mind wants to go out and drive a million miles in the frozen tundra?

Yes, I am fed up. I see photos on social media of folks in warm climates. In their shorts and shit. 'Da fuck.

And, it's only December 10.

I seriously can't take this shit anymore.

Big heavy sigh. Well, time to make up another batch of fish stew. To warm my fucking cockles.

Yea.


No comments:

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...