I have noticed my "core" has strengthened. I am able to go through the individual exercises at a faster pace, and with a bit more "ease." Though, honestly, I will never, ever call a sit-up "easy." Damn hate that shit. But - I started with barely able to do one to just barely, now, squeaking by with 30 reps. And, I do that 3 times in the cycle! Woo hoo!
So, I'm feeling the strength, and maybe, looking in the mirror, there is a little bit more definition and curve. I even went through my collection of blue jeans and donated 8 pairs to the Salvation Army drop box a couple of weeks ago. They just slipped off my hips!
But damn - that annoying little bulb of belly fat! I can still grab it and it feels like a roll of cookie dough! I don't even EAT cookie dough! Or, cookies, for that matter (at least, not very often.) I've increased my eating only because after a work out, I feel very hungry. So, I've taken to having a mid-day meal, like an egg with avocado and tomato, or maybe reheated leftovers from the previous evenings dinner.
And, then, we almost always eat a wholesome, home-cooked meal every night, including a salad. I've dropped back on serving bread, and have even made some meals vegetarian or vegan.
I think it's come down to this: I need to stop drinking a bottle of Chardonnay every night. DAMN IT! I don't want to. But, I can't seem to just have one glass of wine, or even just two, when I'm home. I drink nearly the whole damn bottle! I love the taste, and I love the glow and buzz the alcohol gives me. And it's fun.
I'm just annoyed that I can't get rid of that last blob of belly fat. Though white wine is supposed to be the least fattening of alcoholic beverages - and that is the only booze I consume these days - I don't think it counts when you slurp down as much as I tend to do every night. Could the wine intake be what's holding back the deletion of the cookie dough belly blob?
So, I'm seriously considering NOT DRINKING WINE for the entire month of October.
DON'T HOLD ME TO THIS. I'm just considering it. Seriously.
It would do my liver good, yes?
If you read this and you see me drinking wine, PLEASE. Do NOT say anything to me about it. Okay. Thanks. This is between me and me. And my other friend, ME.
I can't put pressure on myself or I probably won't do it.
I could try and start with one day.
Like they say in the AA - one day at a time - right?
Okay. I don't think I'm an alcoholic, but who knows. Maybe I am. That's up for me to decide, though.
So anyway -
I just calculated my Body Mass Index for fun. It's 20.4.
NORMAL. (18.5 - 24.9 is normal.)
You can calculate your BMI here, if you're curious.
![]() |
| Going through piles of blues jeans a couple of weeks ago. |

No comments:
Post a Comment