Thursday, June 23, 2016

Maine Blues Festival 2016

Busy few couple a days.

Friday at 4, we convened for a rehearsal for the Maine Blues Festival gig, scheduled for Saturday at 5:30. We ran down a new list of songs, played the set in the basement, and called it a day.

The next morning, I got up early and did a hundred bicycle crunches and my version of Sun Salutation. Got down to the salon by 9:25 a.m. and had Johanna style my hairs. Got back a little after 10, and then Don and I were ready to head down to Naples a little after noon. Checked in, got our badges, then found a sweet parking spot at Bray's. Watched the first two acts at Bray's, then I found Big Tom, he led my to Laura, who led me through the busy Bray's kitchen and up around the back to the employee bathroom, where I quickly changed into my show clothes. We said our goodbyes, grabbed our gear, and walked down the hot sidewalk to Merced's, where we caught the whole set from The Ball Brothers.

We started just about on time, and had an amazing set. Everyone in the band had a blast, and played with passion. The crowd was huge and loving. All the rehearsal time payed off.

After the set, we walked back up to Bray's (Krank rode our gear up for us), and we drove over to Captain Jack's, where I scheduled to introduce our friend's Ragged Jack. However, the band was running late, and, due to restrictions on how many people can enter the club, I ran it by the band, and they were cool with me leaving. I had to got introduce JC on the boat, and that always runs on schedule!

After finding a good parking spot on the causeway, we stopped into Paul & Deb's camper and spent about 15 minutes with the gang hanging out there. Then Don walked over with me to the the boat, where I scheduled to introduce JC and his band. I read off the sheet and then introduced JC and his band. They started playing, and Don and I ran back downstairs and jumped off the boat. We waved goodbye, and then walked back over to Paul & Deb's camper. After a while, we decided to head home instead of going up to Bray's.

We were home by 11 I guess. And all was good.

Good day.

Next morning, after a little workout and a little coffee and food, we drove back over to Bray's, and played from 2-4:30 with Trent and Lauren. It was a perfect, sunny, warm afternoon. After a couple of drinks and meal, we said our goodbyes and got home before 8 p.m.

Next up: BCR recording session!
Pics:
The crowd just before staring (pic by me)

Playing at Festival (Bob Travis photo)

Just before starting set (Don Reed photo)

Rocking out (Bob Travis photo)

Sunday at Bray's with Don, Lauren & Trent (my photo)

Bray's with Trent, Lauren & Don (Lauren Williams photo)


No comments:

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...