Yesterday, I had a headache. From the rain, maybe I slept funny. I still went up and worked with my neighbor's horse anyway. I decided it would be good for me, the horse and his owner to just do something with him, and she's fine with it. So, we had fun with brushing, tacking up, and hand walking.
I got home and had a snack, showered, then got ready to head down to city. There was a slow drizzle all day, but we left by 5 p.m. - dark, raining - and my head was pounding, but we had to go. We stopped at the the gas station and put air in the tires, then got on the road. We left early so we could get something to eat. I was hoping I could talk him into going to Whole Foods, and we did. I got a salad and he got Lobster Bisque. We sat at a booth and enjoyed our meals, then drove the five minutes over to the the studio.
We got there about 7:12, and within two minutes, the other two showed up. We went in and checked out the engineers room and the recording room. We met Todd, who runs the recording end of the studio, and then we met Pat, who has another space next door and does mastering. We all spent about a half an hour in Pat's mastering room and talked about the process.
We got home around 10, re-kindled the fire, and I retired by 11:30.. my head pounding. Before I fell asleep, I received a message from the man who had my guitar amp. It was done and and the grand total was $12.25! I let him know I'd be around in the morning to pick it up, and then turned off the light and fell asleep, Spooky curled up in a ball by side.
I woke feeling better, and got ready to drive to pick up my amp. Out the door by 10:45, one stop on the way, and made it to the little cabin in the woods where my amp was sitting on the porch. Back on the road, and one more stop to fill the gas tank, I was home by noon.
After a snack, I walked up the road and to work with Mack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
My Dad is the coolest. He was born in 1929, and yet this is one of his favorite songs ever: Not only that, but he is a fan of the late, gre...
-
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
No comments:
Post a Comment