Possum
We are going to be fostering this 12 year old, 15 hand, grade pinto camp horse gelding until next spring. He's coming tomorrow night!
Don and I have been working like mad to get the place ready for him. With the help of my very kind neighbor and friend Donna and her big truck, we picked up 40 bales of hay yesterday at a local farm. Don thoughtfully led the installation of the electric fencing that is attached to his stall. I've got fresh shavings in the stall over four new stall mats. Today, I'm going to pick up a few other essentials, like his grain, a salt lick, a water and feed bucket, fly spray and a muck rake. He's coming with his riding tack, and I've got a few things to pick up over at my neighbor's barn that I'll need, too.
It's all very exciting and scary, but I'm remarkably calm. Must be the yoga and the fact that we've been working towards this since last October. And now it's finally happening! I can hardly believe it.
Wish Mom was around to see it. I know she is watching over me and smiling.
Wish us luck .. I'll keep you posted!
3 comments:
How wonderfully exciting for you! I'm sure you'll love every minute of your fostering :)
more photos of Possum please :-)
Lo! Check my flickr page!
Dragonstar - Thanks! It's been fun so far.. and tiring! :)
Post a Comment