Yesterday, Don and I spent almost all day clearing out a big patch of woods. There is still more to do, but it is a marvelous transformation. This is the area that will become fenced in for a paddock. It should be a nice spot, under a collection of giant pine trees. It is situated on a level corner of the lot, and higher up, so it doesn't get mushy in the spring (like the bottom fields of our land is now.) There will be some sunny spots, and some shady spots, and a small amount of grass. Later on, we can fence in a larger grazing area.
We've also had our friend come by who has agreed to help us build the stall in the barn and a second woodshed for our firewood. Once we get the materials, it shouldn't take too long to put the structure together.
This is all so very exciting for me! We are proceeding forward, at a reasonable and thoughtful pace. I am browsing horses available on the internet.. but not "shopping." Just browsing.
I am feeling great after three months of gentle yoga practice. My body is now used to the stretching and it has become something I like to do. Believe me, I am just as surprised as anyone that I have kept up with it!
I will have to post a photo of our new cleaned out pine paddock. It's a very peaceful spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment