Monday, February 11, 2013

Holding My Breath

Woke up in a bad mood. Something to do with the dream I was having, about an event going on at my place without my permission. Stupid.

Planned on going food shopping, but within minutes of getting up, the snow started coming down. Looked in the freezer, checked my wine stash, decided we could survive the day. No sense risking a fender bender for fresh fish or chicken.

Out the window, the snow is falling fast and hard. I easily kindled up a fire in the wood stove, and made a few updates on my band websites. It has been slow with the gigs in January and February, but we got lucky and got asked to play this Friday night. The extra cash will come in handy.

I got a "new" computer. It's a 2009, a big upgrade from the 2005 model. Don's brother offered it to me for a very reasonable price, so we jumped on it. I am in the process of converting my stuff and exploring the newer options.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the day we had to put our old cat Bunky down. I think of that wonderful, fat cat, and I think of my dear, old friend Dwight, who will learn the fate of his future today. I am holding my breath.

Bunky & Dwight Oct. 4, 2008



No comments:

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...