Friday, September 16, 2011
Roasted Vegetables
I've been meaning to try roasting vegetables for awhile now, and I finally made it last night. It was so simple to do, and I know I'll be trying this again, with whatever vegetables I have on hand. Here's the ingredients I used last night.
Half of a long butternut squash, peeled and cubed; two small red potatoes (all I had on hand), peeled and quartered; one white onion, quartered; a bunch of brussell sprouts, halved; two carrots (from the garden), peeled and quartered; one small wilted green bell pepper, sliced; broccoli flowerets; four or five garlic cloves. Tossed it all in a bunch of extra virgin olive oil, fresh chopped rosemary and thyme, salt and pepper. Roasted in the oven at about 450 in a large roasting pan coated in olive oil for about 45 minutes. Served with left over cold grilled turkey thighs, sliced, and some romaine lettuce with a garden tomato and half of an avocado dressed in a little bit of Drew's Poppy Seed Marinade and Dressing, as well as some organic crusty white bread and butter.
It was so great not to have to go to the market yesterday. This was a satisfying meal for a cool, rainy night in September.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
My Dad is the coolest. He was born in 1929, and yet this is one of his favorite songs ever: Not only that, but he is a fan of the late, gre...

2 comments:
When we lived in Colorado, we had the same plates that you do!
I only have the two, but they are a favorite. TJ Maxx, baby. :)
Post a Comment