Tambourines irk me.
Nobody can play them right, and they always get picked up by some wing nut who is so enthralled with the live music that they feel they just have to be playing with the band. They can't play any instruments or sing, but....
Ah, look, there is a tambourine laying in the corner of the stage... hmmm. Nobody would mind if I just pick it up, would they? Oh cool, nobody did mind! Let me see here, let me shake this thing.. Ooh, louder than I thought. What if I just bang it on my hip a little. That's better. Gee, it's hard to keep banging this thing in time with the band...Oh well, it's so much fun! Hmm, I'll try raising it up, banging it against the palm of my hand. Hey, look at me! I'm playing in the band! The guitar player is smiling, he must like it! Cool! I think I'll just step up closer to the band.. hell, I'll just get on stage next to the bass player. She won't mind. Yeah! This is so much fun! I'm playing in the band! Bang bang bang... Love that high ringing sound! It's cool because the tone rings out over everything else in the band, so everyone can really hear me! I'm so enraptured with the music, I'm sure nobody cares that my timing is all off.. It really adds to the band! Woo hoo! That was so much fun. I'll think I'll buy my own tambourine, and bring it to every live music show I attend. Everybody loves the sound of the tambourine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...
No comments:
Post a Comment