Rose from my cozy bed earlier than usual today, tapping a purring Spooky off me and trying not to disturb my peacefully slumbering bed mate. I had to get up because for some stupid reason, I woke up with the haunting images of people jumping out of windows from the towers on nine eleven. Shortly after that, I was going through escape routes and what I would grab if there was a fire that started in my basement in the middle of the night. I know, pretty classic needless worry, stemming from a basic general uneasiness in my emotional state right now.
So, I said to myself, fuck this, I'm getting up. Way too early, but really.
And the sky was pink, and it was 10 degrees F. and even Bunky, who was slumbering in his spot on the couch in the living room, looked at me like I was nuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment