Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wildlife Sighting

I was outside just now, scouting around for a Christmas tree, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a little critter. I didn't have my camera handy, but this is just what it looked like:

I couldn't believe it! At first I thought it might have been a fisher cat, pure white for winter. But in looking up images and info on the web, I realized it was too small and fishers don't change color to white in the winter.

It's a ferret! The only difference is this one had a tuft of black at the tip of his tail, and his eyes were black.

I followed him for a little bit, and then he scampered away...

Poor little guy, hope he gets home okay.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Your lucky to have seen a wild one..

Kate said...

I'm not sure if it was a wild one or just one who escaped from a home, or worse, dropped off! It sure was magical, though. Hope he'll be okay.

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...