Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Blue Christmas

Bonezee's last Christmas, 2009. Poor old guy, he's in a much "better place" now, as they say.. kitty catnip heaven. Romping and rolling and catching little juicy voles.

I'm looking forward to tromping out in the woods with Don and cutting down another "charlie brown christmas tree" in the next week or so. I have yet to buy a wreath for the barn door, but I have done a little decorating around the house.

It's been sad for the last few months for me and my family. My mother is suffering with Alzheimers Disease, and it's just as brutal and heart breaking a disease as you've probably heard. It has no mercy on even the kindest and smartest of people, like my Mom. I have been devoting most of my time in assisting my Dad with her care, and it's both sucking my soul and uplifting it, because I am having some really special moments with her and Dad.

I have taken a crash course on the disease and feel like almost a little mini expert on care giving right now. There are so many difficult choices to make the further we get down this road.

This could be our last Christmas with my Mom..

I am at a pinnacle point in my life right now.

7 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

Oh Kate, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Verdant Earl said...

Ugh...I hear ya, and you have my sympathies.

Hang in there and have a Merry Christmas.

Kate said...

I know, thanks Misfit. I felt I should explain myself a little, having been a bit absent with blogging and commenting the last few months.

I'm sure this one will be tough for you, too, having just experienced such a great loss yourself not too long ago.

Somehow, we will all have to get through it.

Kate said...

Thanks B.E.

Sounds like you've got some personal experience with the evil A.D. yourself. Awful stuff, isn't it?

I will hang in there, thanks, and Merry Christmas to you and yours, too.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Haven't forgotten you and your fun posts though.

GeologyJoe said...

my aunt it going through the same stuff with her mom. it is not easy but hang in there you can do it.

Kate said...

Thanks Joe, and yea, it sucks. I'm sorry for your Aunt's mom.. my best to them. It sure ain't easy. Thanks for the support.

seev said...

Good post, Kate. Nice comments.

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...