What have I been up to? Lot's of gigs. Filled in on guitar for a local cover band on a cruise two weeks ago.
Played a duo gig on acoustic one Saturday night, then bass at a camp ground last Saturday with a full band. Played George Gershwin's "Summertime" a LOT in the last couple of months.
At home, started staining my barn. It's raw pine board and has never been done, so I am going through a lot of stain.. (acrylic only, hate dealing with oil.)
Playing in our little veggie garden.. good beans this year, basil, zuke and tomaters.. First time growing Red Chard and totally loving it. Went so great with our bbq ribs and taters last night..
In between all that and other things, like cutting and stacking wood, having fun photo shoots with my darling cats during kitty cocktail hour.
I know, kind of boring.. but hey. This has been one of the loveliest summers ever, and so I got's to make fun while the hay is in the sunshine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...




6 comments:
That cat is gorgeous! Is it just the photo or does she/he really have two different colored eyes?
Thanks Earl! Yea, she's what they call an odd-eyed cat. She dropped from the sky 3 years ago and is my cuddle kitty. Pure white with one blue eye and one yellow eye and pink ears and a pink nose. Swoon.
It sounds like the perfect summer.
Pretty darn good!
the post title is a G.Love and Special Sauce song, is it not? It also happens to be very true.
It was in reference to Gershwin's "Summertime." I didn't realize G. Love had a song with that title. I saw him once a long time ago in Cambridge, and he and the band were very entertaining, but I have to admit I haven't followed him much.
Yea. It's been a great summer. :)
Post a Comment