Bearer of sad news here. I'm having such a hard time shaking this one off. Our neighbor's dog, I believe he was a Great Pyrenees, was run over by an oil truck in his own driveway the day before yesterday. So tragic. He was such a sweet, shy dog. When he would occasionally come over to visit us in our yard, he would timidly come over for a greeting - but if I took out the camera to take his photo, he would always spin on a dime and trot away. An example of one of the two photos I ever got of him:
I don't even know his name, it might have been Bear, but he was obviously the apple of the husband's eye. I just can't imagine what they are feeling right now. Maybe it's stinging so much for me because we had to put our cat Bonezee down at the end of March, but at least I knew that was coming, and he was ready to be freed of his pain. But this big pup, damn, there he was, just napping in the sunshine of his driveway, and somehow - I'm not sure how he didn't hear the truck and get out of the way, got run over by the big oil truck backing up. I'm sure the driver was mortified, who wouldn't be? Just a tragic accident. Poor poor doggie.

4 comments:
Oh Kate that is tragic. I bet the owners were devastated. Know all to well this week what its like to lose a pet...xxx
That's so sad Kate!
If there are no animals in my afterlife then I'm not going.
Yes, it was so sad about that beautiful dog. I sent the owners a condolence message.
Hey, that's a good one, Dragonstar! Tell them you're not going if they aren't going to provide any animals. That will show them, huh!? :-)
Found out his name was Mac. I still miss him.
Post a Comment