Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dear John, Please Shut Up.

I've been a semi-fan of "pop?" star / awesome guitar player / songwriter John Mayer for a few years now..  He's a fantastic musician, and yes, easy on the eyes.  It's not like I've gone out and purchased any of his records or anything (I rarely buy music.. just listen to it for free on My Space or get friends to burn or loan me their copies.. is that illegal?), but I started following him on Twitter, and read some of his blogs while he was making his last CD.  Plus he uploaded a few cool video blogs while he was in the recording process in his oh-so-groovy LA home studio.  I enjoy seeing how people create and put down music, so if somebody famous is going to put some cool videos out there to shine a little light on the scene, cool for me.

Earlier this morning I checked Twitter (I don't follow a whole lot of people, and I don't really want many people following me..I know, the complete opposite of what it's for), and I see a tweet from a NYC via Portland, Maine singer songwriter girl I follow announcing she was offended by an interview she read with John Mayer and was going to stop listening to his albums for awhile.  And this girl is a huge fan, I mean, so much that she's made a video of herself playing the piano and singing a song about how upset she was that John does not reply or retweet with her!  A wee bit odd, but kind of cute.  Kind of.

So, naturally, I go check out Mr. Mayer's feed and I see he's apologizing for things and feeling like an ass.  What have I missed?  Do I have time for this, I think to myself?

Oh, I will make time.  Thanks to the wonders of Google, it took hardly any time at all to find the interview under so much heat.  Here (the second part).

Well, apparently this is a big story for the day, because in just the last five minutes I spent looking for that link, there is a now tons of links of commentary on the subject.  The buzz of the day, I guess.

All I wanted to say about it was, I am turned off about how much he babbled away about wanking off.  I mean, really John.  There are just some things we don't need to know.  I mean, we all know you do, but did you really need to go into so much about it?  I mean, really?  What happened to just being mysterious and sexy and cool?  Kind of burned an image in my mind, and not a good one.  Especially if I watch you play guitar.

He said a bunch of other offensive things in this interview, as well.. and now he's just digging himself deeper in a hole of poo with his apologies.  When will these celebrities learn?  I think I've probably met plenty of men who are 32 years old with much more maturity.

Though, looking at John Mayer, I can't help but be reminded of another John.  John Kennedy Jr.  I'm quite sure he wasn't all innocent, but at least he didn't open up his mouth and prattle away about jerking off!  At least not on record!

Okay.  This is stupid. I've got stuff to do.  Just one last link.. I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this guy on the subject.  If you can even stand to think about it anymore.  I just hope it doesn't show up on the national news tonight...

3 comments:

Slyde said...

HELL YES!

i cannot believe half of the shit that comes out of this idiots mouth!

enough already!

Kate said...

I know, right? Gross!

Dr Zibbs said...

I agree. I have some of his music on my Ipod. Now when I listen to him I just think of what a douche he is.

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...