I've never seen them live. And I really should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...
6 comments:
You really should.
I've seen them about a dozen times from 1985 - 2006 and each show was a blast. Even got to say to Thurston Moore walking down the street in NYC once.
They are in the running for my favorite band of all-time.
PS - Isn't the Monitor Mix blog great? I think you were the one to recommend it to me. Thanks!
Wow, a dozen times! Coolness!
Times like these I really wish my life had landed me closer to NYC, for sure. Though, I admit I missed plenty of opportunities to see SY in Boston when I lived there for so many years.
Yes, I think I did suggest Monitor Mix to you. I'm glad you dig it as much as me. That Carrie has got great taste in all stuff music!
Thanks for stopping by B.E.! Go to a groovy rock show in NYC for me, will ya?
What's weird about Sonic Youth is that, even though I live real close to NYC, the first two times I saw them was in Boston when I was in college. Even though I didn't go to school in Boston.
A friend and I used to like taking road trips, is all.
Boston is a cool place, and probably a bit easier and cheaper to see shows in than NYC.
I only road tripped to NYC once in my life. I was with my band mates at the time, it was a tuesday night, and we wandered around the Village and saw half a dozen really crappy bands! Of course, we couldn't afford to go to the Blue Note, etc., to see the good bands.
Some day. Two of my old band mates play in a fairly high profile band down there now.
PT Walkley, maybe you'll stumble across them at some point in your NYC travels.
Perhaps at some point Sonic Youth will come to Portland, Maine.
They played in Portland about 5 years ago. It was ok. The best part of the show was seeing Liv Tyler walking around in the crowd though.
Kate, you should check out my brothers radio show. You can listen here http://mail.wscafm.org/_/
It's Tuesdays at 10:00a.m.
Ha! I have such a girl crush on Liv Tyler! That would have been very distracting!
I will check out your bro's show! Thanks Man-boy.
Post a Comment