For fun, I have taken a few photos over the years. I have more photos to take, but I was inspired by my blogging pal, misfitinparadise , who does have horses and still displays her model horse collection! I know she will appreciate these.. Plus, looking at photos of horses, real or not, always pleases me.
This is a bad shot of a rare John Stone rearing horse. I need to take a better one of him. I was given this model and two more by the owner of the toy store I used to work at. They were not selling, and they knew I would appreciate them. They claim they're worth a little money, but I'll never sell them.


A couple of Breyer Model Horse Miniatures. A warm blood horse and rider, and an Appaloosa with rider and a Palomino horse. I was bored one spring day and took them out in the snow to try and get some realistic shots.


This is one of my favorites. Another gift from the toy store (*they loved me there, and they knew I loved these models). This guy is a Household Cavalry Drum Horse, a Fine Porcelain Premier Series by Breyer, number 1174 out of 2,500 made! Hand-painted, and crafted by renowned artist Kathleen Moody. Pretty sweet details.
Here's the Native American Indian hand-painted pony. I don't own this little guy, but he hangs out at the little gift shop I worked in for a couple of years up here in Maine. I think he's still there, so I can go and visit him anytime. Isn't he amazing?
Merry Christmas! Time to break out the eggnog.
Maybe Santa will bring me a horse.. Hey, a girl can dream, right?


5 comments:
Hi Kate, Love your Horse collection especially the Piebald Drum Horse..
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.. xxx
Oh thank you so much Debbie!
A very (and well deserved!) Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well!
You are amazing lady, Happy New Year!!
Love the Cavalary Horse! It looks like a Gypsy Vanner (which is at the top of my wishlist).
Thank you for the kind words about me in your blog!
And Merry Christmas!
Oh, I do love those Gypsy Vanner horses, too. EYE CANDY!
Post a Comment