Yesterday, I drove down the road and passed a few clumps of fir trees I've noticed hundreds of times. When I got back, I said, Don, I've found our tree. I think. Come. We will drive there. Bring bungee cords. We put on our snow boots and drove down the edge of my folk's property line. Just on the edge of the stonewall, there were a few possibilities. We chose this spindly fellow, and we are quite pleased.
It didn't seem too upset by our disruption, and we left it's babies at it's base to carry on it's legacy. It was light as a feather and, with a little trimming, a little decorating, and a bunch of little lights, it looks almost like a Christmas tree!
Now. On to making up some gifts.

6 comments:
Good going, Kate and Don! What a beautiful spindly tree! It's clearly happy in its new surroundings. Nobody ever paid that much attention to it before, I bet. And all its younguns are now free to grow up in many directions and hope that some day they too might get the honor of being a full fledged Christmas tree!
THAT IS AWESOME!
i've always said that one year i wanted to try to charlie brown a tree ....
i think it looks awesome :)
I don't even have a tree so you've got me beat.
Is that snow I see out the window behind the tree?
i love it. we cut down on in our front yard last year.
and you saved at least 30 bucks.
Thanks seev! You won't even miss it from your back "yard."
Thanks Slyde! It's my first CB Tree. It's kinda kooky!
Misfit - you better get cracking! After all, the word's cutest deserves the world's cutes tree, right? And yes, that is snow. Sigh.
Hey Joe, I bet you're no stranger to the cut your own down tree! And yes, one of the main motivators was saving the cash. So very true.
Thanks for stopping by guys!
Hi Kate,
Good for you guys ! How I would have loved to do likewise, and do my thing afterwards by planting a new tree .
And it's a very fine tree ;also lovely all dolled up !
Happy holidays to you & your hubby and see you online .
Post a Comment