Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Early Mid Life Crisis or Just Lazy?

That is the question I have been struggling with.

Once in a while, I get to dwelling on the negatives in my life. It's happening again, and I'm not sure how to crawl my way back out. Blogging for the world may ease some of my angst.

My downer list is long, here's some:

1. I've given notice to my part time produce job. I won't go into all the details, but let me just say that it was time. New boss, changed hours (and less), a general feeling of chaos and disorder and conflict... plus, I am burnt.

2. Worrying about the folks. Mom has changed, Dad has had health scares. I'm not much of a care giver, but I try.

3. I can't seem to get "jacked" about writing music.. I need my muses around me, and they are not.

4. What am I going to do with my life?? People always say, oh, take some courses, go to school, learn something new! I just never was the type.

5. Old Bonezee is slowly dying before my eyes. Part of me wants to have him put to sleep because of his discomfort, part of me wants to let him enjoy as much life and love as he can. He's been around a long time, and he's a special cat.

That's probably enough of that downer list for now. Naturally, in my mind, there is more, always more. But, just to be positive, here is my upper list:

1. I'm going to be unemployed after Friday! I'll have all of August to enjoy what is left of summer! Work on our home chores list! Work on my music! Play with my kitties! Spend more time with my parents and family!

Um...

I guess that's it for now.

I have to admit, though the last few weeks, between some good days, have been trying for me, there are a couple of web places I go to cheer me up. One is reading rock star Amanda Palmer's blog.. what an exciting fun life she lives!

And the other place I go to give me a cheering up? VENT. Yep. Thanks Ron, you really are a bright star in my big night sky. xo

6 comments:

debi_in_Hawaii said...

I understand about the work thing. I let my part-time go too. Oh man did that extra paycheck help, but just couldn't take it anymore.

Honestly, when one door closes, another opens. I do think there is something better waiting for you.

Play da music, brush the kitties, go spend time with horses, take a long drive out somewhere, or a long walk and go birdwatching. All that stuff is therapeutic, you know :)

Rock on!

Kate said...

Thanks Debi! I feel better aw ready!
HuGs from Maine..

I go brush kitties now. :)

Barbara said...

Hi there Kate,

You do that, enjoy the rest of summer, get some thinking and rev up your batteries.
You have to listen to your body and your soul. If you are burnt out, it's time to stop a bit.

Just tune into yourself awhile and spend some quiet time with yourself & loved ones.

Take care
Hugs X

Kate said...

Thanks Barbara, for your support. You and your sis are such sweethearts!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kate,

We'll see you tomorrow, can't wait! BTW I think maybe the time for another blow out celebrity jam sesion (crapshoot, krushtruck, stalagmites, etc...) is long over due!!

Cheers/peace, Nash

Misfit in Paradise said...

The cat, your parents, it sucks. And I am so sorry.

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...