Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dad

I posted that last post about aging partially for Dad. He's had a rough couple of weeks, suffering from stomach stuff.

Then last night we had to admit him again. A pill, again. Drop in blood pressure again. Ambulance and EMT's again.

Luckily, this time, I was able to be there, and now my sister is here, too. He went in at about 7:30 pm, and it was decided to keep him over night for observation, but there was no room at our little local hospital, so he was transferred to the bigger one a half hour's drive away. He checked in there at 12 midnight, and we three ladies left him, stable and getting hydrated and under excellent watch, by 1:30 am.

I slept over with Mom at her house and we got up at 7 am. Sister drove Mom back to the hospital and I will go over in a few hours so sis can get home and rest. Dad is better and on a liquid diet and we are waiting for results from more blood work.

WEE!

He was mostly upset that, just before he started feeling really bad, he had upgraded his Wordpress blog, and when he did, everything vanished! He says he's got the data backed up, but at the moment, his blog is gone. :(

I'll keep you all posted.

12 comments:

Ron said...

Hi Kate!

So glad to hear that your father is doing better.

WEE!

Sending lots of "good energy" his way!

Listen, I also just read your last post on aging and LOVED it!! There is so much TRUTH in George Carlin's words.

Oh boy...I also had some issues with my blog at Wordpress. One time I had 11 photos just vanish from my posts. However, the WP techies got them back and corrected the problem.

Yeepee!

Have a great day, Kate!
X

Debbie said...

Sending Get Wishes to your Dad Kate.
I hope he makes a speedy recovery..xxx

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Oh no....
get better soon, Daddyo!!

Kate said...

Hey Ron, Deb and Debi! Thanks so much for your good healing wishes! I'll be sure that Dad reads these comments when he gets back around to his computer.

Got back a little while ago after 61/2 hours in his room. Finally the doc came around and advised one more evening in the hospital for observation and assurance. He's having some meds adjusted and what not, the usual medical mumbo bumbo, but all seems stable.

I believe we've all learned our lesson about keeping hydrated when your 80 years old and you've had stomach "issues" for 2 weeks!

We talked Mom into coming home again tonight and this time Sis will stay with her so I can get some rest and get to my annual dental cleaning tomorrow morning and then go to work (called out today!)

He should be home some time by the early afternoon tomorrow.

xo

Barbara said...

Hi Kate,

I'm sorry; I just noticed your post.
I'm glad to know that your Dad is doing better and he home !

Boy; that probably scared you guys.

Sending Mardé all my best get well wishes. You hang in there and get better soon !

xx

Kate said...

Hi Barb!
No need to be sorry! It's tough to keep up with all the blogs, I know. :)

Dad is home and I think feeling better.
And, I just checked and it looks like he's got his blog back! Yeah!

Paul W. said...

Hope he feels better!

seev said...

Hey, you guys, thanks for your concerns for "the olde guy"! I think I'm better; I think I'm better; I think I'm better.... Like the little train that went up the hill and said: I think I can; I think I can; I think I can. In this case, a little olde train. ;-)

Thanks Kate for devoting a whole post to ME! Is it all about me? But thanks Kate!!!
Thanks Ron! Thanks Debbie! Thanks debi_in_Hawaii! Thanks Barbara!

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Hey if you're going to spell it like that, I think you have to type "Ye" in front of it. Like "Ye Olde Pub" LOL

seev said...

Jah, dat ist recht!
It should be Ye Olde Guy (or Codger)
LOL

seev said...

Now, here it is Aug.24 and I'm better better! How time flies!

Kate said...

YEAH !!

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...