Oh man this kind of email really ticks me off!
From: not-reply@ncua.gov
Subject: Important Notification.
Date: March 6, 2009 9:32:35 PM EST
Reply-To: not-reply@ncua.gov
Dear Member,
Your have received this email because we have to belive that your bank account
had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are
required to open an investigation into this matter.
If your Debit Card on file is not updated whithin the next 48 hours, them will be assume this
account is fraudulent and will be suspended. We apologise for this inconvenience, but the purpose
of this verification is not ensure that your bank account has not fraudulently user and to combat
fraud attempts.
To speed up the process, you are required to call us (1-225-910-6410) to verify your
bank account.
We apologise in advanced for any inconvenience this may cause and we would like to thank
your for cooperation as we review this matter.
Regards,
NCUA Account Verification.
Copyright ©2009 NCUA. All rights reserved.
Here's another one I received this morning!
Greetings,
sounds, how the Factory
unstructured play
agency for China or
Sincerely, Shana Valenzuela.
Okay....
3 comments:
SCAM!!!!!!!!!! SCAM!!!!!!!! SCAM!!!
I've gotten things like that before from a bank I've never heard of before, and most recently, a PayPal spoof scam email that tried to get me to "click and log in HERE".
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, riiiiiiiiiiiight.
I forwarded it to PayPal.
Years ago I had one that was made to look like it was from eBay. Same colors, font, etc. It looked like the real deal. But I looked it over and spotted a typo: "eBay and Yahoo! are now parteners! You must sign in here with your username and password, and create a new username and password here".
I forwarded it to eBay, then hit delete.
Be careful out there...scumbags are getting good at this.
that second one is terrorist sleeper cell communication. *AAAAAAH*... but really i have no idea. i know that hate that crap too.
Forgot to mention, if I see the words "Regards" or "Cheers"...
red flag alert!! LOL
Post a Comment