
It's that time of year again. The first spring fire in the fireplace!
Yesterday, the final day of winter, peaked at nearly 50 degrees F. When it's that warm, but colder at night time, it's the perfect time for a little "take the chill off" fire. The wood stove in the basement heats the whole house plenty during the freezing winter months, but I must admit, this is my favorite time of year. Cozy.
So, cheers for the first day of spring.
Bring on the tree buds and wade through the thick muds!
Sneeze from an allergy and suffer in black fly misery!
Daffodil's a dancing and tulip's a saluting!
Snowbanks are shrinking, minute by minute.
Cheers for the first day of spring.
*************
- Obama on Leno last night. Talk about a President who has no shroud of mysteries around him.
- Twitter is the new Facebook, which was the new MySpace.
- Eye's got Diddy fever. My blues loving friends are at a loss of words.
- I give myself and A for productivity at work yesterday. I may be slow, but I get it all done.
- Dad & I often have talks about how cool our mutual blog friends are. We are lucky in that we can talk about you all.
Time to go.
6 comments:
spring indeed!
these warm days and cool nights are perfect for maple syrup makers. its just too bad that so many trees were destroyed in the ice storm this year.
Hi Kate,
Happy Springtime to ya too !!
My my; nothing like a blazing fire in a chimney to get cozy. Yes, Spring can still be chilly so a little fire in the evening must be nice.
Sorry that I missed your Birthday post :( Sending all my belated birthday greetings to ya. All the best !!
Have a nice weekend.
Joe - Ah, Maine. Fishing, boiled dinners, and maple syrup making. So groovy.
Thanks Barb!
Who is that old guy staring into the fire? And by the way, thanks again for the fantastically excellent New England boiled dinner with the tenderest corn beef I've had in a loooong time. zMom and I sure enjoyed it.
SO glad you & Mom liked it! Perhaps we will turn it into an annual tradition!
Yes, Kate, do that! Turn it into an annual tradition! Yummmy yum yum.
Post a Comment