Besides the snippets of my day at work, with it's recent changes challenging my routine, I got to thinking about how many people I am in contact with all over the world through the various internet sites I visit in my spare time.
In the blog world, I am communicating with somebody in France, somebody in Hawaii, three people in Ireland, a person in Wales, somebody in Alaska, a Mainer or two, someone in Pennsylvania, and more. On another site I have correspondence with a guy who is from Maine but currently living in South Korea. Of my flickr contacts, I admire photos by a woman who lives in Iceland, a man from Toronto who has shared photos from his city, Paris and India.
I've also made friends with a man from Brazil. He is a horse breeder and trainer of a rare breed I had never heard of before, the Mangalarga. He speaks Portuguese, so our communication is sketchy, but he is also a huge fan of music, and likes to share videos of the wonderful music of Brazil through our YouTube connection. As most of the fine people of Brazil, he is passionate about the music of his country.
Earlier this month he was in the city of Rio and posted this short clip of an authentic Samba queen. Here is 1 minute that will take your soul right down into the steamy hot enchanting world of the Brazilian night life, right through your computer screen! I'm quite sure he wouldn't mind that I've posted his clip to share with you all.
Rio de Janeiro Carioca da Gema Teresa Cristina
Originally uploaded by gdjunqueira
8 comments:
The web makes for an interesting melting pot of conversation for sure.
Katy its called displacement therapy, you look at one blog then another and another and another... LOL
So true Joe.. It's a lotta fun.
Debbie! That's funny and so very true! So addicting. Thanks for stopping by friends!
Hi Kate,
Ain't it a small world indeed ? :)
Weare on the same music wave
length with the hot sounds from Brazil on both our blogd !
Cooool .
Hey, that is hot music from the heart of Rio, as people and cars go by right outside the window. Great that you're having fun, Kate, with all those interesting connections. Hard not to let it keep you awake at night -- all those ping pong thought balls bouncing around inside your neurosphere! Danger,Will Robinson, Overload!! Nahh, you'll be alright, Kate. Jist keep havin fun.
Dad You're a kookoo berry! But thanks.
Barb, I'm heading over to your blog right now!
It is all a bit boggling from faltering steps two years ago to running my own theme.
Black an white Polaroid was incredibly sharp - a thoroughly professional quality medium. Even negative stock was available and rhe enlarger to go with it.
Blogging is such fun. So many friends to chat to. I never dreamt of all this when I started.
Post a Comment