DSCF4065
Originally uploaded by SleepyLaKate
Another foot of snow fell yesterday. It started in the morning and went all the way until midnight last night.
Today I got up early and started the process of removing the snow. First the porch and the steps. Then a path to the car. Then around the car. Then brushed off the car, got it running so ice and snow would melt faster. Then removed the snow around the car again. Because there was a foot of snow on top of the car.
Then a path up to the top of the driveway. At the top there was 3 to 4 feet of snow, thanks to the town plowers. I guess I can't get too upset about that, it's just the reality of the situation.
Then I walked down to Mom & Dad's and helped knock down the snow at the top of their driveway. Dad finished blowing his driveway, and Don took over the blower and walked it up to our driveway. I followed and knocked down the 3 to 4 feet of snow at the top of our driveway. Now Don is finishing the driveway, so I can go to work.
We had gone out Sunday night, which was a frigid night and nobody in their right mind should have gone out, but we had to, and it was fun. However, we both caught a cold by Tuesday, and Don is worse off than me.
Poor guy. Achy and hacking up the goo.
Well, you know the mantra by now:
"You got to be tough to live in Maine!"
Right, Dad? :)
Off to work for me now!
5 comments:
this winter is better than last year so far.
only a few large storms and some cold. *pfft*
Tough and resilient, it seems to me.
Kate, I'm so glad we have our weather and not yours - however pretty yours looks!
Hi Kate,
More snow ! I just finished with our's that fell here, but it's nothing like what I see on your pics .
Yes, snow means work and you & Don put in some hard work.
Hope Don will be better soon.
Stay warm if you can.
X
Yes, that was work! Ya gotta be tough ta live in Maine!
Post a Comment