Had a health scare this weekend with Dad. I'll let him share the details if he wants to, but he is okay now. He had good care and we had good family communication through out the ordeal.
Now we are planning ahead for this month. TUESDAY is the big election day, and the results of that should be very interesting. Yes. Go Obama go!
Next weekend I have a gig, where I will be playing the bass instead of guitar. I used to play bass all the time, but I haven't been as much in the last few years, so I hope my fingers don't fall off!
The following weekend I have another gig on bass (with the same ensemble), so hopefully by then my fingers will be in better shape!
Then at the end of the month, is the Thanksgiving holiday, and this year, Don and I will host and cook the dinner for the first time. Usually mom does 95% of the work, but it stresses her out so much and last year was a real doozie, as my sister and new brother-in-law had their wedding at the house the day after Thanksgiving! So, this year, we'll take on the work, and we are happy to do it! It should be a fun challenge, but luckily, I'll be just the prep cook, as sir Don is the head chef in this little family!
Now I must catch up on some sleep. The weekend was stressful enough, and then on top of that, we changed the clock back an hour, too, so I'm all out of whack! Goodnight everybody.
8 comments:
Sorry to hear Seev not so good - scary for you all. I'll check his site later. Give him my best.
So relieved to hear that you are OK, O Wise Seev!
Take care of him. Ill check his site later as well.
I used to play bass but with bad wrists and no one to jam with these I just plink away on my uke.
"I'VE GOT BLISTAHS ON MY FINGAHS!"
Thanks blogger friends. Looks like the OG ("old guy") has posted about his experience.
He's still a little sore today, but I think he's gonna make it to see our next president get inaugurated! He's sure deserves it!
And JOE, that's right! I WILL have blistahs on my fingahs!
(I'd like to see you playing that old Uke, too, Tiny Joe.
this was a while ago but, ask and ye shall recieve:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-jpQMwkYkk
;)
Wahoo!
Drink more, practice less I say!
R
O
C
K
!
(Thanks!)
Hi Kate,
I'm sorry to hear that your Dad was ill. I'm sending him lots of get well vibes. I'll go over & say Hi.
Your a good daughter to watch your Dad like that.
If you have a moment in the coming weeks, I tagged you for a meme. It's online atmy blog. If you can't, that's OK.
Stay strong.
Ooops! The things I miss when I take a day off! I'm shooting over to his now, but I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment on my silly dragon post - THAT made MY day!
Post a Comment