DSCF3694
Originally uploaded by SleepyLaKate
One more photo from the Fryeburg Fair last weekend. A team of big old Belgian Draft horses and their handlers getting ready for the Horse Pull competition. Beautiful, eh?
One more photo from the Fryeburg Fair last weekend. A team of big old Belgian Draft horses and their handlers getting ready for the Horse Pull competition. Beautiful, eh?
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
7 comments:
Beautiful, Kate. Such majestic looking animals, and so smartly presented. Horses are lovely.
Who won, Kate. They are fine creatures aren't they.
Great team a hosses there, Kate.
Glad you enjoyed the photo, kind readers! I was really happy to get so close for that second to snap it.
And Aileni, I'm afraid I didn't stick around to see who won the horse pull competition (their were many teams that day!), but let's just say this team did, for fun!
Champions!
Draft horses are always beauties.
So big yet so elegant. We have a breed in France called "Percherons" that are about the same type.
I have never ridden horses but enjoy them for their beauty.
Absolutely stunning, Kate!
WOW...from your photo, you can really see just how BIG they are!!
They both look so well taken care of!
It's funny...they remind me of that beer commercial that use to be on TV when I was a kid!
Though I can't remember exactly what beer it was!?!?
Thanks for sharing, Kate!
Hi Barbara! Yes, I'm familiar with the Percherons, too. They are huge and wonderful.
Ron! They are in fine shape, aren't they? Those handlers really took pride in their beasts.
Are you thinking of the Budweiser Clydestdales, maybe?
Post a Comment