Oh, it's nice to have low-key weekend for a change. Don only had one gig on Friday night, so that left Saturday night FREE! And guess what? We actually went TO A MOVIE! At the movie theatre no less! I know. Unbelievable. We saw the new Woody Allen flick Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I enjoyed it very much.. Those girls sure are be-u-ti-ful! And the scenery.. ah..brings to mind the Gabriel Garcia Marquez novels. I give it a thumbs up.. but not if you don't enjoy movies with no car chases, car crashes, brutal murders, violent sex, misery, torture, and big explosions. Ha.
Other chores completed with all of this "free time."
-Don cleaned the upstairs bathroom! I love him.
-Don waxed the car~
-I vacuumed the world, er, I mean most of the house.
-Packaged up all of the CD's I want to mail out tomorrow.
-Grocery shopped. So over that!
-Straightened up the barn.
-Returned redeemable bottles and cans.
-Researched the evils of John McCain in hopes of being able to debate better in the next few months.
(I faired poorly in debate class in high school.)
More to do:
-Change guitar strings
-Plant Peony
-Weed and harvest the veggie garden
So many chores! I keep telling myself that's life on the farm for ya.
But now, Don is officially done with his chores. Why? Football.
The New England Patriots opening day at their home field.
Where is Don now? On the couch. Yep.
Testing out adding Mp3's:
My brother Nye plays Telemann on recorders and bass
2 comments:
Sounds like a really good weekend.
Ooo! I love peonies!
Yes, peonies are lovely. Don and I planted to root late yesterday afternoon.. hopefully we will see it bloom next year.
Post a Comment