Saturday, a brilliant beautiful warm day, came and I ran the bottles and cans down to the redemtion center and gathered almost
$30. I used part of that money to purchase some cat food and three fall-colored Mums. The afternoon I spent weeding and cleaning up the little gardens in the front, and I plopped the three new Mums down in the driveway garden. Don left earlier than usual for his gig in Waterville Saturday night, in order to get in a much-needed oil-change.. I used the rest of my warm daylight to finish up a few things, and I really thought I was in good shape. Most of the chores on my mental list had been checked, and I was feeling good about that. I put together a tasty, early dinner, then spent the next few hours on the computer editing video. Sometimes that can be torture, editing video.. even though the programs run quite fast and all, it's just having to watch the same thing over and over.. arg. Oh, and the cut-throat desicions you have to make, clipping off odds and ends. Still, I'm not doing anything too fancy here, just documenting the two nights of jamming with the boys last weekend. All I have left to do now is to mark the chapters and transfer the two movies into the DVD program and burn them. Which will take quite a while, so I'll have to do it overnight, I guess.
So, yesterday, Sunday, Don got motivated quite early to get down and cut up all those little skinny trees we've had piled up for a few weeks now. We went down there and hustled through that for a few hours, and when we were done with that, we were both tired and hungry. I made a couple of peanutbutter and jelly sandwhiches, then, while I cleaned myself up for a trip down to the supermarket, Don went out and did some splitting. By the time I got back, the Partriots game was on, and Don was a happy, but sore and tired, man. He later grilled up two lamb shoulders, four small red potatoes and some fresh zuke from our garden, and I must say, that was one of the most amazing meals ever. We pretty much both zonked out on the couches after that.. I managed to get the dishes done before crawlling into bed.. but I did not sleep very well atl all last night.. and today I got up way too early.. but we've got the chimmney sweepers coming sometime this morning, then later, Don has to go to a rehearsal in Portland. Somehow, I have to get laundry done, work more in the garden, mix music, finish up the video, and do a million other stupid little things, all in one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment