Sunday, June 06, 2021

R.I.P. Spooky

Just read my last post from a few weeks ago. 

I finally made the call and we brought Spooky to our wonderful veterinary hospital on May 14, 2021. She was so weak, I just picked her up and held her in my lap as Don drove us over. She was so ready. I was sad, but more relieved to have her out of pain. We brought her body home in a box and buried her little fuzzy corpse wrapped in a white sheet in a deep hole Don had dug the afternoon before. I found a sweet little poem about losing a cat, which I quickly read through tears, and then we covered her up. Found a piece of slate to mark her grave. Gone but never forgotten. My sweet Spook-A-Boots. 



No comments:

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...