Last night, I could have gone down to see one of my rock star favorites, Courtney Barnett, in Portland, but it was raining really hard, the concert was outside, I was fried from work, and we have a busy gig weekend coming up - starting tonight.
So, there's another one I missed. Sad face.
I like working at the little market. It's been fun, to be honest. I also like earning that little weekly paycheck and contributing more to our monthly expenses. The down side is less time to do all the things around the homestead, like yard and house work, as well as finding the energy to sit down with my guitar or bass and practice or write music.
Dad has been in and out of the hospital, and currently, he is in "respite" at the assisted living facility that is part of the campus of the senior living complex he owns an apartment at. He says he likes being there, he loves the food, and he loves having the call button for assistance for bathing and getting wheeled down to the dining hall. He's been there since last Saturday, and he has one more week there and then we re-asses to see if he can go home. If he decides to stay at the assisted living, it will cost a shit load of money!
We have been so blessed and grateful for Phyllis's help. We are taking it day by day. It's stressful. I can't be there to assist in his daily living needs, and it will cost quite a bit to hire outside help. I'm trying not to freak out. I really don't know what we are going to do.
Mardy really wants to live, but whether or not he can remain independent after this "respite" period is looking doubtful. So, I don't know what to do. I feel bad for him - he's really pissed, but trying to remain positive.
There were so many home projects I wanted to accomplish this summer. Now, it's looking doubtful that any of it will get done. The little Ford truck is fucked up, and our mechanic can't figure it out without using a lot of labor hours to diagnose it. We have to have a second vehicle living up here in the woods -- put another $1000 into the truck (and not be sure that the problem is fixed?) or bite the bullet and get another car loan and buy a newer vehicle. Or wait to see if Dad gets to the point that he really can't drive any more, in which case, he could transfer his car over to me... sigh.
Off to the beach tonight to play at the GFB Scottish Pub, and I think three of my gal pals from high school will be swinging by to see me. Katie is getting remarried next weekend to a super sweet guy, and she is having a low key "bachelorette" party this weekend.
Susie and Jill will be with her. I haven't seen either one of those gals in eons, so it'll be nice to give them all a hug in between sets. They probably won't stay too long.
Tomorrow, we play a wedding (not my friend Katie's wedding.) Hope the Jeep doesn't break down.
Also- fucking trump. What a fucking lunatic. What the actual fuck? Governing through fucking Twitter. He's going to get us all fucking killed. What a piece of shit scumbag idiot he is. Fucking criminal should be rotting behind bars. He's bat shit crazy and totally unfit to be in office. Unfuckingbelievable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...
4 comments:
That's a lot to think about. Juggling work and home life is never easy. I've learned to let go of things that at one time were very important to me. Also, I think you should already talk to your father about signing the car over to you. I speak from experience - if something happens to him, then it becomes part of the estate and it's more challenging. It doesn't mean he can't still drive it. If you ever need to talk, you know where I am!
Thank you for your comment and solid advice, Goldengirl.
I published your comment because it does not seem like spam.. but, I'm curious, do I know who you are in real life?
You do indeed! We're in a gang together.
It took me four hours after reading your comment to finally make the connection! Doh!
Thank you, dear. I didn't even know you knew about my spot here. xo
Post a Comment