Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Another Lucid Dream
It's been a while, but I experienced a little bit of lucid dreaming again last night. When I woke up from it, I tried to remember as much as I could.
Before the lucid part started, I had been dreaming that I was at a party with a bunch of people I didn't really know, but the location was familiar, as if I had been there before in a prior dream. The party was in an apartment on the second floor, and then I left and walked down the stairs to the outside. That's when I woke up a bit, and recalled that part of the dream, thinking about the familiarity of the location.
I fell asleep again, and now I told somebody (probably Don) that I was going to go take a nap - in a camper van that was parked right there. I remember crawling into the back of this camper van on to a mattress and laid down on my back, and that's when I experienced the "vibration" feeling you get just before the dream switches into lucidness. There was the strange buzzing in my body, and I realized I was "awake while asleep." I tested it out by trying to float, and I did raise up off the bed for a second - but I lost faith or something and I let myself drop back down and I fell back into real sleep again.
However, soon enough, I felt the vibration again, and I allowed myself to accept that my dreaming had become lucid. I am not super experienced with lucid dreaming, but one thing I've learned is that you have to trust yourself, because it is an alien feeling. I willed my body to rise, and I began to hover, still on my back, above the mattress of the camper van. Then I floated myself, like a hot air balloon, off of the mattress and around the camper van (which did expand a little bit more), turning myself around so that I was floating facing downwards. I hovered myself around the space, and twirled my body around a couple of times.
After doing that for awhile, I once again, "chickened out" and turned myself back around and laid myself back down on the mattress. And just like that, I came out of the dream, waking, and realized what had happened.
They say you can develop these dreams to do more stuff - but it does take work. I just don't ever know when that cue (the vibration) will arrive, and when it does, it's such a surprise and I get caught off guard.
Here's two posts I wrote a while back about my first lucid dream experiences:
Falling Into Sleep
Out Of Body, Out Of Mind
I thought I had written down the really major lucid dream I had around the time I wrote those posts, but I can't find it. That's when I floated myself from my bed, down the stairs, out the front door and up to the roof of the barn, looking out to the view (which was a city, not the mountains and woods.) I must have written it down elsewhere.
Anyway. Cool stuff. Have you ever experienced lucid dreaming?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...

No comments:
Post a Comment