Okay, well here I am, free-writing again. This is just doing, not real stuff - dig? Better then 'nuttin.'
Yea, so it's still freaking freezing as all hell. I can not wait for warmer temps to come this way! However, we still have to wait it out. More freakin' snow coming tomorrow - another 8 ta 10 or 12 inches, they are saying. For fuck's sake! Where we are going to put all the damn stuff, I have no idea. Of course, it's going to fall on top of our driveway of ice. And, more single digit temps, on top of ALL THAT! I seriously can not take it anymore.
I've got this old, out-dated laptop, and I have to come up with all kinds of creative go-arounds to solve my data (aka photos and videos) storage problems. My trusty old Flickr page has, once again, been purchased by another photo sharing site, so naturally, they took the opportunity to raise their price from $24.99 a year to $49.99 a year. They already had my credit card number, so I was like - what ever! Just take my pathetic money. Seeing as my phone keeps screaming at me that I'm running out of storage space and I should BUY more ICloud storage space, I said to myself, I said, "fuck it. Flickr is now my ICloud." Take that, Apple.
Now, because I finally updated my iPhone to the latest version, it has at last eclipsed my sorry, old lap top. Meaning, now I can't even dump my photos on to iPhoto on my lap top. Of course. I found a way to go around all that by using my Flickr app, which clouds all of my images, and I can choose which ones to make public. Then, I can delete that shit from my iPhone. So, that's how I solved that problem. The videos I put on You Tube (and some of the shorter ones on to Flickr, too.)
How's that, bitches?
My list of things I WANT gets longer. Besides a new lap top (which, seriously, I do need if I want to keep up in the 21st century), we do want to upgrade our phones.. but, that would mean an additional $70 a month added to our Verizon bill.. so - we are holding off. Even though the battery on Don's phone has been rendered totally dead. He has to keep it plugged in almost all the time. My phone battery is still running the 80% range.. We may just get a new battery for Don's phone, but if we bought new phones, we could get a hell a lot more memory. We will wait.
I've decided I'm going to keep an eye out for a new work desk/table to inspire more writing/working time. The adorable little desk I'm using now is too high and awkward. It's one of the pieces I held onto from my parent's collection of furniture, and I'm glad I didn't sell it. It was my Dad's mother's desk, and then his. But, it's not very practical. I'm going to keep an eye out at the little shops and yard sales around town in the spring, when I can take the old truck out.
A new writing desk and a new lap top and a new phone. That doesn't cover the musical gadgets I'm pining for. A pedal or something that makes drum beats, and a loop pedal.. Oh man. The fun I could have with all that!
It's really hard to justify buying all of these things on the pathetic "salary" I earn. Which is, pretty much, poverty level. Thank god I still have the credit card. But, I have got to pay more off on that before I put more on it.
I had the coolest, weirdest dream last night. It kind of started with Don and I being transported into another dimension somehow. I wandered into the toy store that I used to work in in Massachusetts, and it was eerily absent of toys. All they had for toys was a bunch of big, soft, beautiful stuffed animals. The rest of the store was empty except for a bunch a big, comfy couches (oh, that's another thing I'm pining for - a new, comfortable couch. Anyway - back to the dream.) They also had a food cart in there, which served ice cream and Italian ice. I held the door open for a happy Japanese family, the kids running ahead, smiling and laughing. The parents were happy, too. The colors in the dream were all pastel and muted. (Think the movie "Pleasantville.")
An older man came in, and pulled a turn table out of a cubby hole. He bought it and I said to him, "oh, you must be an audiophile." "Something like that," he said. I wandered upstairs from the shop, and a different older man walked up with me - and he tapped my bottom a few times - as if I were an 8 year old girl or something. I chastised him for doing that, and he went away.
I came across a professional photo studio. The shiny, handsome men where taking photos of a collection of pug puppies under the lights on a couch. I thought that was strange, but didn't say anything.
I then realized that this "place" was dangerous, and I silently conversed with Don. We need to get out of here, before we can't ever leave again! The longer we stay, the harder it will be to leave! Don agreed with me, and we decided (telepathically) that in order to leave we would need to WILL to leave. How are we going to do that, I asked him telepathically. Follow me, he said.
We walked out back to the ocean, and found a hidden spot in between some sand dunes. We sat cross legged facing each other, and pulled the old sheet that we keep in our Jeep around us. I looked out beyond the dunes - it was night - and I was drawn in by the sight of a ferris wheel, all lit up in bright colors and glowing, out on the pier.
Don't look at it, Don said to me telepathically. I slowly pulled my head away, but it wasn't easy. We began the process of WILLING ourselves to leave, but I said, wait, we need to get Spooky and Jasper! We can't leave them here!
Call them, he said.
I silently called out - Spooky! Jasper! Come here, kitties!
And then I woke up.
And, as I came out of the dream, I realized that Jasper was sleeping soundly on my chest, and Spooky was sleeping soundly in her box on the floor right next to the bed. And I thought to myself -
Phew. We made it back.
Weird, huh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...
No comments:
Post a Comment