We've had a mouse, or maybe more, residing in a bottom corner cabinet. When we pull out items from that cabinet, they need to be washed before using. I hate to kill any animals, so I've tried to repel them with peppermint infused cotton balls sitting in a little bowl. Not working.
Lately, I've been finding more evidence. Mouse droppings along the corners of the counter tops. And yesterday, I picked up an avocado that I had left out in a wire bowl for ripening, and it had a quarter sized gorge in it. The mouse was hankering for Mexican food, I guess. Should have left out some salsa and nachos for it, too.
So, yesterday I made a more concerted effort to address the problem. I scoured the pest control aisle at the hardware store, and picked up two no-kill options. One was a package of 5 cache's filled with corn seeds infused with peppermint oil, and the other was a product by a company called "Tom Cat" that was a live capture trap.
I cleaned out the cabinet once again, and hung up one of the cache's with a thumbtack. Then I applied a bit of peanut butter to the inside of the trap, and set it against of the back walls of the cabinet.
This morning, I checked the trap. It was closed.
Aha, I thought to myself. I worked!
However, when I pulled it out, I realized quickly that I had been outsmarted. The mouse simply chewed it's way out of the plastic trap... and not only that, but it dragged the cap with the peanut butter smear away to an unknown location. I couldn't even find it!
I guess I'm going to have to resort to a kill trap. Either that, or pick up two new fresh kittens...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
Here I am again. May 2, 2024. It was 13 years ago this morning that Dad called me in a tizzy, stressed to the max, because Mom had kept hi...
-
Hey, look - I'm back again. One more post before the end of 2023 - what do ya say, eh? Well, Verdant Dude still hasn't followed me ...
No comments:
Post a Comment