We listed our place last September, and after 10 showings and one month, we got an offer for way below our asking price. But, our options for a new living situation shifted, so we ended up taking the house off the market. I really hated making that call to our realtor that day, but the buyers wanted to close on Dec. 2, and we just had no where to go. So, we decided to wait until spring of 2017.
And, shit. Here we are, spring of 2017.
I've been on line a lot, looking for housing options, with our very meager income and credit options. Last week, I saw this little place listed for $56 k in Auburn, Me. I fell in love. It was perfect! Less than 800 square feet, a wood stove, a little loft sleeping area, a new roof, two little storage sheds. On a pond, close to town, w/d in the home.. ah, nearly perfect.
But, of course, four days after it was listed, it was marked as pending. Apparently, there are other people like me that know a good deal when they see them!
I knew it couldn't happen, but at least now have a mark.
A small home, under 60k. Hopefully, somewhere close to a little job for me. If that little home had happened for us, the payment would have come to something like $250 a month!
Now that I know it's somewhat possible, I'm trying my best to find something else like this.
We pay way too much money to live where we are now, and can barely afford it. We need to move. We need to lower our monthly expenses. It's just.. selling this place, then finding a place to live.
Very complicated. We won't have money for a down payment until we sell the house.. good gawd. How do people do this?
Anyway. This is my grunt for the day. Meanwhile.. here is my little dream home that never was.

No comments:
Post a Comment