Friday, December 30, 2011
Counting Up The Dates
I played 85 gigs in 2011.
I played 84 gigs in 2010.
I played 29 gigs in 2009.
I played 3 gigs in 2008.
I played 1 gig in 2007.
I played 4 gigs in 2006.
I played 21 gigs in 2005.
I played 44 gigs in 2004.
I played 2 gigs in 2003.
I played 17 gigs in 2002.
I played 13 gigs in 2001.
I played 31 gigs in 2000.
I played 13 gigs in 1999.
I played 22 gigs in 1998.
I played 48 gigs in 1997.
I played 67 gigs in 1996.
I played 82 gigs in 1995.
I played 9 gigs in 1994.
I played 74 gigs in 1993.
I played 43 gigs in 1992.
I played 6 (give or take a few) gigs in 1991.
Which comes to * (roughly) 698 times I've gotten paid * (usually) to step on a stage and play bass or guitar and sometimes sing in front of people who want to hear some music * (usually!)
2011 tops the highest amount of gigs I've played in one year in my whole history of playing out live. I hope I can top that number in 2012! I've already got 12 gigs booked for next year, not including the weekly blues jams, which is once a week almost all year (and let's hope it won't get cancelled, but, you never know.)
I learned a lot this year, gained a lot of knowledge and friendships, and I hope I gave out a lot to people, too. So, bring it on 2012! I am ready to rock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
August 2026
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...
-
My Dad is the coolest. He was born in 1929, and yet this is one of his favorite songs ever: Not only that, but he is a fan of the late, gre...

2 comments:
Good work, Kate. It's interesting you have all those records going way back to 1991. Keep playing, Kate, onward and upward into 2012!
Thanks Dad!
Post a Comment