Yesterday was raw and rainy all day. Icky. So, I took the bad weather as a sign that I needed to go rehearse. I have had to learn about 35 new songs for this summer gig I was asked to play. Except for about four of the songs, I've never played any of them before. Thankfully, I found every song on You Tube. Yeah for You Tube. Some of the songs I really like (Tom Petty, Wallflowers, Nirvana, Green Day, Weezer) and some I would have changed the radio if it came on. However, once I listen to them a hundred times to get the arrangements and grooves down, even those songs begin to grow on me. I'm looking forward to getting my rock face on and seeing what shakes down.
Selling The Drama---Live
Why Georgia---John Mayer
Heartbreak Warfare---John Mayer
Personal Jesus---Marilyn Manson/Johnny Cash Version
Flake---Jack Johnson
Rusty Cage---Johnny Cash
Upside Down---Jack Johnson
Love Song---The Cure/311 Version
Better Together---Jack Johnson
Under the Milky Way---The Church
1979---Smashing Pumpkins
Won't Go Home Without You---Maroon 5
Hash Pipe---Weezer
One Headlight---The Wallflowers
About a Girl---Nirvana
Last Dance with Mary Jane---Tom Petty
Mama Kin---Aerosmith
De Do Do Do---The Police
Interstate Love Song---STP
Guitars And Cadillacs---Dwight Yoakam
Love Is What I Got---Sublime
Bad Girlfriend---Theory Of A Deadman
Fast As You---Dwight Yoakam
Moving On---Bad Co.
Same Old Song And Dance---Aerosmith
Running Down A Dream---Tom Petty
When I Come Around---Green Day
Santeria---Sublime
Dani California---Red Hot Chli Peppers
American Girl---Tom Petty
Lithium---Nirvana
Half Of My Heart - John Mayer
Soul Meets Body - Death Cab For Cutie
All Summer Long---Kid Rock
Sweet Home Alabama---Lynyrd Skynyrd
Wish You Were Here---Pink Floyd
Cold Shot---SRV
Pride And Joy---SRV
The Man Who Sold The World--Nirvana
Quite a list. After four hours of shedding yesterday afternoon I was going kind of bonkers. Well, part of it was from the fumes of the black sharpie I was using to makes notes for my cheat sheets.
4 comments:
What an intriguing list!
Thought some of those might be to your liking Misfit..
good list. and ill give you a pass on the 311 song because its a cover.
Joe - *snort* har har
(I prefer the Cure version myself, too)
Post a Comment